It may seem a far way off still, but it really isn’t: the cold weather. If you ended last heating season with a heating system that barely made it, it’s probably time to start reviewing your choices for a replacement heating system. Today’s homeowner’s have a lot of choices, and beginning the replacement process now with your Comfort Flow Heating HVAC specialist will give you the time to review the different systems available and make a choice that fits the needs of your home and your family very well.
Types of Systems to Consider
One of the big positives about replacing an existing heater is the opportunity to explore using a different type of heating system that can deliver better benefits. Here are the types of systems we specialize in:
- Furnaces – one of the most traditional types of heating systems, today’s furnaces are widely used and highly energy efficient. This type of heating system can be very convenient if you already have natural gas piped into your home.
- Heat pumps – heat pumps are very energy efficient for a number of reasons, one of which is that they do not need any kind of fossil fuel to operate. They also offer your home cooling in the summer in addition to heating in the winter.
- Ductless heating – ductless heating systems use heat pump technology so you also get cooling with this system. If you don’t have ductwork, or don’t want to pay for the expense of ductwork, you may want to consider this type of system.
- Radiant heating – radiant heating can come in a few forms, with the most popular being radiant floor heating. You can also choose from two different types of radiant heating: hydronic (hot water) or electric.
- Geothermal systems – geothermal systems take advantage of the latent heat in your yard’s ground below the frost line and use it to heat your home; in the summer, the soil acts as a heat sink as the warm air from your indoors is transferred to the ground loop for release.
As you can see, there are a number of heating system options available for your home in Eugene, OR. Call us today and set up an appointment for heating replacement services!