Homeowners have never had so many choices for centralized heating systems. You can choose from traditional heating systems like a furnace or boiler, or you could go with something newer, like a geothermal system. While this system may sound like something futuristic, it really isn’t. In short, it is a system that takes advantage of the Earth’s natural, steady temperature below the frost line to heat your home. Why choose a system like this to heat your home in Eugene? Here are some reasons our customers have chosen this kind of system:
- The most energy efficient system available – geothermal systems actually give back more energy than they use. For every single unit of energy they use to operate (the heat pumps use a small amount of electricity), they give back 3-4 units, giving them a 300-400% energy efficiency rating.
- Long lifespan on components – the ground loop of a geothermal system has an average lifespan of 35-50 years and the ground-source heat pumps have a lifespan of 20-25 years. This is quite a bit longer than the lifespans of traditional heating systems that have average lifespans of 15-20 years.
- Can heat and cool – because geothermal systems use heat pumps, they can provide your home with both heating and cooling.
- The heating and cooling is comfortable – the air comes through from geothermal systems in a low, continuous volume, providing heating and cooling that is comfortable and has better-balanced moisture levels.
- Can be ducted or ductless – when choosing a geothermal system for your home, the system can work with ductwork or with ductless indoor blowers.
If you are still wondering whether or not a geothermal system is a good choice to use for heating (and cooling) your home in Eugene, give the experts at Comfort Flow Heating a call!